Skip to main content

Southend's Children and Families Information PointSHIP Adults

Your search results

  • Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults including Mental Capacity Act 2005 Assessments and Deprivation of Liberty Applications

    Add to shortlist

    Southend Borough Council is the statutory lead partner for safeguarding adults.  The Council has a duty to support vulnerable adults to live lives free from fear and abuse and works with individuals, families and partner agencies to achieve this aim.  The Council operates within the…

  • Statutory Complaints Procedure for Social Care

    Add to shortlist

    The Statutory Complaints Procedure for Social Care is a statutory service for individuals who wish to complain about a service that either they or their child have received from Children’s Services.   The procedure aims to resolve complaints swiftly by the team that provide the…

  • The Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities (Adults)

    Remove from shortlist

    If you have a learning disability, we can support you to live as independently as possible and enjoy a good quality of life.  We also support family carers – so that they can have a break from caring.   We can help with: Help at…

  • The difference between Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

    Add to shortlist

    Children and young people who have special educational needs (SEN) do not necessarily have a disability, and some disabled children and young people do not have special educational needs. There is a lot of overlap between the two groups though. What are Special Educational Needs?…

  • Working in Childcare

    Add to shortlist

    Careers in childcare have developed over the past years and now often require qualified staffed that are often trained in First Aid and have adequate knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. We recommend that before choosing this path you conduct relevant research. The Professional Association…

  • Baby and Toddler Groups

    Add to shortlist

    Baby and Toddler Groups welcome any carer including Mums, Dads, Grandparents, Friends and Relatives, Foster Carers, Childminders and Nannies – unless otherwise specified. They offer an environment in which young children can enjoy their first experiences of having fun, making friends and learning away from…

  • Safeguarding Children

    Add to shortlist

    Not all groups, activities and events need to be registered with Ofsted or the council and it is your responsibility to ensure your child’s safety at these settings. What is Safeguarding? Child protection is specifically about protecting children and young people from suspected abuse and…

  • New and Expectant Parents

    Add to shortlist

    You will need to inform your GP you are expecting a baby and you will be allocated a midwife. If you require any assistance finding a GP or need to contact a clinic then please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service [PALS] on 0800…

  • Divorce and Separation

    Add to shortlist

    Divorce or separation can be an emotional and challenging time for both partners and family members. Whether you are considering separation or are supporting a family through the process some useful links and services can be found in this section.  Browse more 'Divorce and Separation'…

  • Bereavement

    Add to shortlist

    Sometimes families need a bit of extra support when things get tough.  In this section you will find details of services which can help if needed. PAGE UPDATED MARCH 2016