Skip to main content

Southend's Children and Families Information PointSHIP Adults

Your search results

  • Getting the right support

    Add to shortlist

    What support is available to pupils with SEN? Schools and colleges have money in their budgets which should be used to provide SEN support to meet the special educational needs of the majority of their pupils. At this stage they can access a range of…

  • Paying for Childcare

    Add to shortlist

    If you are using registered childcare then you may be entitled to some help paying for it. The main areas of funding are summarised in this section. Free Early Years Education and Childcare for 3 and 4 year olds From the start of the term following…

  • Domestic Abuse Advice and Support

    Add to shortlist

    Domestic Abuse Domestic abuse, also known as domestic violence, is defined by the UK Government as: “Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family…

  • Department for Education Past Documents [2014 and 2015]

    Add to shortlist

    All information within the Local Offer is to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or a disability (SEND) and their families. The Local Offer and its sub sections contain what is known as targeted/specialist information. Activities and services that any child may…

  • Guidance criteria for Statutory Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments.

    Add to shortlist

    The criteria for statutory assessment is used as a guidance document by schools, professionals and the local authority to determine the level of SEN intervention required for individual pupils. It provides schools with benchmark information by which they can consider whether pupils should be moved…

  • Add to shortlist

  • Southend’s Transition Plan for Statements and LDAs 2014-2018

    Add to shortlist

    The Children and Families Act 2014 replaced Statements and Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDAs) with Education, Health and Care Plans, and requires local authorities to convert or cease all existing statements and LDAs by April 2018. For Southend’s plan for converting Statements of Special Educational Needs…

  • Children Services

    Add to shortlist

    Families with disabled children may need help from time to time. As a parent/carer, you have the right to ask for your child’s needs to be assessed and you also have the right to ask for a carer’s assessment for yourself, or your other children…

  • Starting Secondary School

    Add to shortlist

    PLEASE NOTE: that if your child has a Statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP) you will receive information from the Special Educational Needs Team regarding the secondary transfer process and you must not complete the Single Application Form…

  • What is the Local Offer

    Add to shortlist

    What is the Local Offer? The Local Offer has two key purposes: To provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it, and To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children…