Skip to main content

Southend's Children and Families Information PointSHIP Adults

If you think that your child or young person has special educational needs (SEN) you should speak to someone about your concerns. This could be:

  • Health visitor
  • GP
  • Childminder
  • Pre-school / nursery teacher
  • School teacher
  • College or training tutor

They will be able to talk to you about the different steps they can take to help your child or young person.

If you child is of school age, you can find out more about how their school supports children with additional needs by reading their SEN Information Report and Policy. These documents must be on their website, but it will also be available from teachers at the school.